Fitness Challenge, Week 1: Aligning Your Goals with Your Mind

by Anna D

Everyone is pumped up for the 12 week fitness challenge and this week, we are going to start with our very first one. You might be surprised that this one does not have anything to do with exercise and nutrition. But, it is an important step nonetheless.

Watch the video and read my comments below it:

Step 1:

If you’re unsure on how to set your fitness goals, read this article on, How to Achieve Your Goals, to get started on the right direction. If it seems difficult for you to set some goals, you might want to read this article on the #1 Effective Fat Loss Strategy. Take your time to really do this step because this will set your tone, focus, and drive for this challenge. This step shoud not take more than 20 minutes.

Step 2:

Lastly, pick your ULTIMATE goal and really visualize yourself achieving it. Get “in the zone” by being specific in what your surroundings look like, how you’re dressed, where you are, how the weather is like, how you’re feeling, who you’re with, etc. Being specific will make your vision more real in your mind and more believable to you. The reason we do this is our mind cannot distinguish between what is real and what is not. So, if you make your vision crystal clear in your mind, you’re more likely to believe it. This may sound unreal but it has been proven in scientific studies.

Set aside your visualization time on your calendar now so you don’t forget and you make it a habit.

Both steps are important steps if you want to be really successful during this challenge. Post your goals below and what you’re going to visualize about. Have questions? Post them below as well. Either way, we want to make this a group effort and we want to hear from you!

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Gurpreet March 6, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I would love to limit my coffee intake (…. to once a week).

Brandy Mychals March 7, 2011 at 4:28 am

I can commit to no sugar this week πŸ™‚ I like making just one change at a time and trying it out for a short time…it doesn’t have to be forever…thanks for the encouragement and jumpstart!
Brandy Mychals
Creator of Split Second Perceptions
Effectively Communicate with Confidence for Speakers & Workshop Leaders

Anna D March 7, 2011 at 8:41 am

@Gurpreet That’s very doable πŸ™‚

@Brandy You’re welcome. I know you can do this!

Maile March 7, 2011 at 2:14 pm

For me I found that my body and my fitness habits changed around age 32. I used to be in great shape with a body I was very happy with, but then I really started working in my business a lot more and working out a lot less. So my goal is to re-build my habit of fitness first, and then reshape my body second. I am going to visualize the body I once had and I will have it again soon I hope! Thanks Anna for keeping me motivated and on track!

Anna D March 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Hi Maile, I found that the transitions in our life really throw us for a loop and we don’t even realize it. Great job for really thinking this through. I am proud of you!

Anna

Cindy Kronick March 9, 2011 at 9:34 am

Goodness. I’ve just started and have 38 lbs to lose. Honestly? slow and steady is going to be my motto. drinking lots of tea. Tea is so nurturing when I take the time to sit and enjoy a cup. I am completely giving up coffee – best way to do it. making your own tea is full of nutrition and quit medicinal. here’s a good one: 1 qt purified water, all organic: 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp ground coriander. (you can get all these at Whole Foods). Place all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 min. After it has cooled discard the herbs and store tea in a thermos (or in the refrigerator). Drink warm or hot. no microwave. quick heat up in pan.

Anna D March 9, 2011 at 10:48 am

Welcome to the challenge, Cindy! Thanks for the tea recipe. It reminds me of chai tea without cinnamon. I look forward to seeing you more here and at bootcamp.

Anna